Saturday, May 8, 2010

Art & Today Evaluations

Art & The Body and Art & Globalism

For both presentations, I think we got carried away in our research and the amount of information we wanted to put on the table before going into discussion. I think this is partly due to the format of the book. In each chapter, despite being broken down into a more specific category, a large range of art is covered. We both felt the need to address most of the themes brought up in the book, but I am not sure if this was necessary. We realized this after our first presentation, and tried to limit information in the second, but I think we could've trimmed the info even further. I did hear from multiple classmates how interesting both presentations were, so the feedback was positive. During our second presentation on Globalism, the presentation of a Second Life gallery was very effective at spurring a discussion about technology and art. Overall, I believe we did a good job at addressing the topics we chose from Art & Today. Our only fault was doing a bit too much research, and trying to share it all when we had a limited amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment